Thursday, September 30, 2004
 
Nebraska blogging again....
As some of you may have noticed my blogging has been a light these past few days. I am in Nebraska for work once again. Nebraska is fine, the people are great, the only problem that I can come up with is that they are bored or must be. If you do not believe me read this. The scenery is pretty if you like brown corn.

The strangest thing that I have encountered is that the people call lunch dinner. I actually had an argument with a man at the gas station about this. I asked him my first night here where a good place close by to get dinner was, after some directions I arrived at the cafe where he told me to go. They closed at 2:00pm. The closed sign was faded with sunlight so I doubted that this was a new policy. The more I thought about this the madder I got. So, I went back to the gas station to ask him why he had deliberately misled me. His answer "well they are open for dinner." Me "No, I was just there, they are not open." Him "why didn't you say supper, I wouldn't have told you to go there?" Me "my mistake." So.... I just finished dinner and now am working from hotel room before supper.


Powered by Blogger

Google