Monday, December 13, 2004
 
A pirate walks into a bar . . .
A pirate walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Dude, you look terrible. What happened?"

The pirate says, "Well you know, just the usual pirate stuff."

The bartender says, "But the last time I saw you, you looked fine. Now you've got a peg leg, a hook on one arm, and a patch over your eye."

The pirate says, "Well we were in this big battle. A cannon ball came across the bow and took my leg off, just below the knee. But the surgeon did a great job, stopped the bleeding, saved my life, then later he fixed me up with this peg leg."

The bartender says, "And what about your arm?"

"It was another battle. We boarded a ship. In the midst of a big sword fight my arm got sliced off just below the elbow. But again, the surgeon did a great job, stopped the bleeding, saved my life, and later on he fixed me up with this hook."

"Wow," says the bartender. "And what happened to your eye?"

"Well," says the pirate, "we were out at sea. These sea gulls flew overhead, and I made the mistake of looking up."

"Oh come on," says the bartender. "A little bird shit couldn't have done that much damage."

"No," says the pirate, "but I hadn't really gotten used to having the hook, yet."


Powered by Blogger

Google