Wednesday, December 22, 2004
 
The Synchronicity of the Universe
Sometimes things just fit together, placed one after the other in some sort of cosmic order.

I was having a calzone at Wolf Hole Pizza on my lunch break yesterday. When I got back to my car I noticed the bumper sticker on the car next to mine. It said:
Support the Troops
Join the Presidential Prayer Shield
and pray for their protection
It was followed by a phone number and a reference to the 700 Club.

In the form of counseling known as Reality Therapy, the key questions are
What are you doing?

and

How's that working out?
So I wondered to myself, with more than a thousand U.S. troops killed in combat, and thousands more wounded, "How's that old Presidential Prayer Shield working out? The troops would be better off if you would have prayed that we get a president who isn't dumber than dog shit."

I drove back to work and in the parking lot I noticed another bumper sticker. This one said:
You know we're in trouble when our bombs are smarter than our President



Powered by Blogger

Google