Friday, February 11, 2005
 
Music to Blog By
Wandering through the left blogosphere, I stopped by Natalie Davis' site. She was one of the first bloggers to ever link to Rain Storm, and I check in from time to time to see what she's up to.

Natalie had this link for the music of her site. So I checked it out and discovered that you can (sort of) create you own on-line mix of music via Yahoo!. Now Rain Storm has done it, too.

You can listen to the Rain Storm station here.

Now, we should have a disclaimer here. These aren't exactly the songs that I'd be playing if I were a full-time DJ with nothing else to do with my time.

What Yahoo! does is have you rate a whole bunch of artists, albums, and songs, and then they make some assuptions about what you would like. But over the long haul, the Rain Storm station does end up playing much of the music I like to listen to. And if they play something that I never want to hear again, I get to tell them that, too.

They're assuming two things. The first is that, before long, I'll upgrade to the premium service and pay them $30 bucks a year for it. The second is that, based on my feedback, they'll play some songs I've never heard before, and maybe I'll buy some of them.

In my case, at some point I may shell out thirty bucks for the premium (commercial free) service. I doubt that I'm going to be buying much this year. But who knows?

Anyway, if you want to hear what I've been listing to, you can click here to hear my own personal station. Enjoy.

Powered by Blogger

Google