Friday, March 11, 2005
 
Hypocritical beings
How can a group of people advocate so strongly against stem cell research yet advocate it when it helps their cause?

A little context. I have stayed away from the Teri Schiavo debate, why? I guess I just felt that it was not my fight, not my battle, I do not standly firmly on either side of the Teri Schiavo issue. I do not know her wishes, do not really even know her state, some docs have said persistent vegetive, others say she talks. I am not falmiliar enough with the case to form an opinion. Yet the religous right has taken to Ms. Schiavo's case, and now they blog for Teri etc. (Emphasis mine)

The case has drawn international attention, particularly among religious conservatives, who are supporting the woman's parents.


San Diego businessman Robert Herring, who founded an electronics company and later a cable and satellite channel, said he felt "compelled" to try to have the husband transfer the legal right to decide his wife's medical treatment to the parents, Bob and Mary Schindler.

"I believe very strongly that there are medical advances happening around the globe that very shortly could have a positive impact on Terri's condition," Herring said.


This is the same religous right that disavows the thought of stem cell research. This is the same religous right that claims stem cell researchers are baby killers. I guess when you are killing babies, to save comotized people though it is ok. Congratulations Mr. Herring I believe you framed this debate perfectly....

Powered by Blogger

Google